Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Free DIY Pioneers - Nostalgia Critc AKA That Guy With the Glasses - Doug Walker

I dunno about y'all, but every Wednesday I log my cookies at http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/ for the newest episode of Nostalgia Critic.  The Critic does movie reviews of films that came out when I was a kid - the late 80's and early 90's - to see how they hold up now that we are all rational adults.  You will be surprised how many of your fondest childhood movies actually suck total ass!

The best part about Doug Walker - the alias of the Critic - is that he is an entrepreneur.  His site has tons of different reviews and videos - so many that I don't think it would be physically possible for one person to have seen everything! 

Also, he is a fellow Chicagoan, and as such knows the pain of living in Illinois.  If you don't know what I am talking about, just search Illinois and Sucks on Google and read away!

This week, he reviewed the film the Avengers - not the comic book Avengers, but the polite British flick starring Uma Thurman.


http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/32501-the-avengers

He has done so many great reviews, and also recorded a hilarious cult-type movie called Suburban Knights.  I have watched it a few times now, so awesome. 

Here are a few of my favorite videos -

Nostaliga Critic - Top 11 Drug PSAs

Nostalgia Critic - Jingle All the Way